.S.T.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.S.T.

We're bout as Subtle as a Train wreck

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sun and Moon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Amell

Amell

Sun and Moon Empty
PostSubject: Sun and Moon   Sun and Moon EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 5:29 am

Here it is, the ToP story you guys won't shut up about LOL kidding I enjoy writing this again X3 also most of my stories I'll post up will take some time to update, I plan to go over them and edit anything I think needs revised > > which means a lot since I'm critical about my work lol

White light. It's all I've seen every time I was conscious, brief moments of awareness. "She's not ready yet, give her more time." That voice, I've heard it before, female? This one is Amelia or Karen. "Do not give it a gender, it has none, it is just to look the part; What we've created can't be distracted by something so frivolous, but only use it." This voice, I've heard it once before too but that was enough to resonate through my mind; the odd comfort even if the words sounded distant.

White light but different this time, I see a candle, two. Candle? This word, I have never heard before but I know of it? Light, these thoughts, who taught them to me? One candle, it's a reflection I thought was two and now, it's just one? Reflections, I'm in glass, I placed a hand on the surface. "Oh! Her eyes are open fully Korin." Red hair, her face, it shows sincere amazement; but for what? "What did I tell you about referring-.." A man with thick black hair that barely went past his ears, slowly stood up from his seat at a worn out desk. "You are awake aren't you? You can hear and see us can't you?" His face looked weary, perhaps sleep deprived for days, as he came closer I was able to see the gray in his hair. I realized he must have been waiting for a sign that I did in fact see them. I opened my mouth to say something but soon closed it when nothing came out. The man, known as Korin now; seeing my flaw, walked closer to my container. "Don't try to speak yet, your throat isn't complete." I moved my hand from the glass to over my throat, felt my skin but realized he wasn't talking about outside. Inside there was no hum, no movement at all; vocal cords, voice 'box' as the one known as Karen called it. Karen, before I didn't know her name; when did it become set that this was her name? "You no doubt have questions, they will wait till you learn how to form the words going through your mind." He walked back towards the desk and picked up a leather bound paper book with lines on the cover. He thumbed through the pages till he found one that had curved lines forming shapes. Anatomy, mine. "You shouldn't be awake yet, your mind shouldn't even be aware of the outside. Yet here you are, scanning everything in front of you. Karen, induce hibernate stasis before it spikes again." Again...

"She's crashing, it's just like the last time!" Karen... who is crashing? Can't breathe, eyes won't move. "Drain the fluid, we'll have to expose it to oxygen early. Drain it now."

Back to top Go down
Fadewall

Fadewall

Sun and Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun and Moon   Sun and Moon EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 1:59 am

D: I want an update! What is it? Person >w> monster?
Back to top Go down
Butch
Admin
Butch

Sun and Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun and Moon   Sun and Moon EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 6:07 am

I like the intro to this one, so many questions to be answered >.< and also I have to ask will you post up your Fallout story again? : x
Back to top Go down
https://stfallout.forumotion.com
Amell

Amell

Sun and Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun and Moon   Sun and Moon EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:17 am

Yes this one leaves a lot to the imagination of what the creation could be but I think most of you will realize soon what it is. And yes no worries I'll be starting another thread for the FO story.

My eyes finally opened, the lids felt so heavy, the light from candles set all over the room flooding my vision. "She's breathing again, I think she's awake. W-what should I do?" Karen's voice, it was hinting at a deeper emotion, worry? No it was a mixture, she was concerned but frightened. My hands and wrists, they burned, it felt like the skin was being pulled apart but not enough to tear. "Get away from it." Korin pulled Karen back from me. "Get blankets and any towels you can gather from the other room, quickly." He looked down at me, he had his book again, looking back and forth from the page to me. My eyes felt so heavy again, breathing became hard and my limbs were going numb. What was Karen so afraid of? Was I, was I going to die? Korin put a hand over my forehead, it felt so cold. "Don't fail on me, I don't have the time to replace you."

The smell in the room forced me awake, it was stale and the feeling in the air was awful. When I opened my eyes, I wanted answers; my mind had been racing, questioning. I don't even know who I am. I sat up and looked down at my hands; the burning feeling had stopped. From my finger tips to my shoulders, I was covered in burn scars. They seemed so fresh but.. they were healing at a fast rate. It was too dark to fully see but rather quickly my eyes were able to scan the room and make out objects. Soon I was able to see more details as if the candles were lit, there was something wrong. Chairs we're moved, candles were scattered across the floor snuffed out, there was pieces of glass on the floor; my container now had a rather big crack in it. I looked around and realized the furniture wasn't just moved, they were jolted about from an obvious struggle. Blood covered part of the floor by Korin's desk. It wasn't fresh, it was a dried pool. How long was I unconscious? "You look a lot better today, the transfusion was a success." His voice startled me, I turned my head to see. Korin was sitting not far from me, back against the wall that had a mural of a single vessel against a raging sea. Light flashed through the room, it was storming. The light that raced across his face exposed a cut over his left eye, blood still dried and clumped in his brow.

"What happened?" The voice that escaped my throat was steady, as if I was calm; I wasn't, the blood, the air, it was all so much but my voice came out as if talking about simple things like weather. I was worried about him, it was almost... anger, I was unconscious when something big had happened. "You were failing on me, I didn't have time to waste; you needed energy, a life force if you will." He placed his book down on the floor, it too was covered in red mist. My worry vanished only leaving the anger, I didn't like what he was implying by saying 'life force'. "Where's Karen?" The question came out but as soon as I asked it, I already knew the answer; a wave of sounds rushed through my head. Her screaming, him repeating 'it was necessary' over and over in an almost obsessive compulsive tone. "You needed energy, it was necessary; get up, walk, you are more than able to now." I wanted to get up but not to walk, I wanted to run. This man was nothing more than a murderer. "Move." The word was just one but it made me stand. I stretched my legs, my arms; I watched as he stood up with his book in hand. "You killed her?" I am unsure why I asked, maybe it was the need to fully know what had happened to this one known as Karen. I hadn't known her but she seemed like a good person, she certainly did not deserve this; She deserved an explanation at the very least. He slammed his book and hands on the desk top, irritated, tired and more than likely frustrated. "It was needed. You're functioning now thanks to the sacrifices I've made." The word sacrifices could have meant a lot of things, did he mean people? Things he gave up? Either way, he was talking as if Karen was just an object used in my making. "Needed? Murder is needed? I'd rather have not been made at all. Not that you ever even told me what my purpose is." The chair splintered, one leg snapping off as it was tossed. Korin opened the book up to the first page, grabbed my arm and pulled me in front of it. "Read it! For the last decades of my life I've been creating. I don't have much more time, in the coming months I will pass away. I've come to terms with this and I can accept it but only if my final creation is finished. You can't see it yet, but I've done all of this for the future. The sacrifices I've made, the people I've 'murdered' were all necessary." He let go of my arm and flipped through the pages, it had ideas sketched out across all of them. Lights behind glass, fire going through cylinders, water being spun in rapid succession. A black stone with a hammer laying on it and details on two swords, the ideas went on and on. They seemed so random and impossible, if anyone else had seen this book they would call him mad. His book was only understood by two people. Korin was a genius and I, was his final creation.
Back to top Go down
Caridan
Second Moderator
Second Moderator
Caridan

Sun and Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun and Moon   Sun and Moon EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 5:40 am

OH shit! that lady got screwed over D: so.. does it eat souls? >_< needing 'life force' and all I'm starting to think it's a demon
Back to top Go down
Fadewall

Fadewall

Sun and Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun and Moon   Sun and Moon EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 2:11 am

omgaaaaa D: I want another update >w<
Back to top Go down
Amell

Amell

Sun and Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun and Moon   Sun and Moon EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 7:32 am

here you go kayli X3

The flames engulfed the building quickly, window glass blew out and shattered pieces fell everywhere. Shining dust that glittered in the fire glow was wisked away by the night breeze. The equipment, Korin's desk, my container... Karen's remains; they were all being destroyed. The only things left were Korin's book and the mural of that ship against the sea. I don't know why I took it down and rolled it up to save; it just captured my attention, I couldn't let it burn like everything else. I watched master's face, master, the word unnerved me but he insisted that I use that title. It did fit though, he somehow has control over me; it's not just that he created me, his words, it's like they pull strings that aren't even there. The anger I feel when I think of his power over me is slowly fading and it's disturbing; somehow it feels right that he is master to me. No this must be him doing this too, the bastard, what if he can control thoughts as well? His face didn't change throughout the whole time we watched the building burn. He was destroying years of work, but his look was of determination. He wanted no one to find his facility, the actions he had taken would die with him soon enough. He had said those words days after the incident with Karen, but they weren't true. Not for me, I was the reason behind those actions and they would live on for... I don't know how long, I was hoping for a human life span since I look the part. But as master implied, I would live a lot longer then a mere hundred years. The flames started to die, and we started walking. It would be hours before we reached the nearest inn.

The night sky seemed endless, stars swarming the heavens. The road we were taking also seemed endless, but I would think that only because it was so silent. Master hasn't said one word since we left,we've been walking for perhaps hours, it was starting to eat away at me; I need to know more. "What are you.. dying from?" Even after what he did, I still felt bad to ask such a question. He didn't look at me and for a moment didn't say anything. "I am unsure." I stopped walking, he created so much but didn't even know what was ailing him to cure it? He turned and looked at me, motioning me to keep walking; I returned to his side and matched his pace. "It just confuses me that you didn't try to create a cure." He shook his head and then cleared his throat, "I didn't want to waste time trying to make a cure for something that could be incurable. Sickness is inevitable, it will be around long after even when you are gone. When I first noticed the symptoms, I documented them; thought about keeping control over them and maybe find a cure. But that idea quickly was pushed aside." I had to interrupt, my mind still rushing me to find answers. "But if you don't know what you have, how can you be so sure you'll die in months to come? And why give up on finding a cure, you don't want to try and live the rest of your life anymore?" I didn't understand him, I didn't like the thought of him dieing; like it or not he's the only person I have. "It's a feeling that I believe everyone gets when they know they are going to die. When your time comes, you'll sense it too. Besides I found another purpose, I wanted to be remembered. If I found a cure, I'd live for maybe a few more decades but I'd still die and no one would even know who I was. Instead, I used my remaining decades planning, testing and creating. And finally I have something to show for it, you may not be perfect but you're good enough and you'll certainly be around a long time to show everything I put into making you. I can see you have other questions even after what I told you; it's not surprising, speak your mind."

I wanted to ask everything, what am I? Who am I? What was I made for, what will I do when he's gone? I had to calm myself, ask each question, find any answers to this confusion. I exhaled a long sigh, "I don't know what to ask first, this is just too much to handle. Everytime I gained consciousness, I had learned more and more. I've learned things when I was unconscious that would most likely take a human years and years to comprehend. How is that possible? How did you create me? I want to know that first." He took his book from his coat pocket and held it out for me to take. I hesitated at first, it was the first time he let me hold it. It was as if there was an infinite amount of power in those pages, could I really look at it? "That book has everything I have ever thought up, ideas for inventions and details on how I created you. I want you to keep that book, no one else can read it except you. It also has the names and details on the ones who failed me before you. There are a few other things I wrote in there for you to read, you'll need all the help you can get after I'm gone." My grip tightened on the leather around the pages upon hearing those words; 'the ones who failed before you.' I wonder how many he had created, how many 'sacrifices' he really did make? "You're the only one who came out of the growth tank. And the only one who showed signs of awareness to your surroundings early." I put the book inside my pack alongside the mural; suddenly I did not want to read the pages. "How many before me?" He stared forward, then without any emotion, "Six." The question in my mind was, how many 'Karens' were used like objects for them. How many times did he kill his own workers in the name of creating something just for him to be remembered? "These others, why didn't they succeed? Did you also .. make 'sacrifices' to stop them from failing? How did you even create them, how did you create me?" Saying those words, I thought I had heard the first real emotion in my voice. "They weren't strong enough to survive, most of them died within the first couple of months to a year. It was as if they didn't have any will to survive. The fifth and sixth died within two to four years; their organs failed. I only had to sacrifice one other person, I did it for the sixth, it showed real potential that it would make it; but then even with that extended life force, it failed too. That's when I saw a flaw in my design. They had a body, fully functioning organs, a more than average intelligence but they weren't using it. What happens to a person if they don't use their brain after a while? They start to lose things they have learned, memories and how to function. The only reason five and six made it as long as they did is because I had allowed nurses to live at the facility, they cared for them daily; five and six became aware of an outside presence and learned from their conversations. When I realized what the specimens were missing I brought in more nurses. But the only one who showed true commitment was Karen, she never went home, I had a bed ordered for her and had her belongings brought in. She spent everyday at least six to eight hours with you talking about well anything and everything. When she couldn't think of anything she would read to you. I was.. hesitant to make my decision in sacrificing her but she once said she wouldn't let you die if there was anything she could do to stop it." She spent that much of her day with me? All the time I was unconscious she was out there communicating with me, teaching me and she's gone.. she was murdered because of me. I interrupted again I had to stop thinking about her, "And me? How long did I last in that 'tank'? When you say bodies and organs, where did you get them from for these creati-.." Master cut me off as he pointed up ahead, the inn was in sight. All the while we were talking I hadn't realized how close we were getting to our destination. He pulled my cloak's hood over my head, "If anyone asks who you are, tell them you're part of my clerical staff and that we've traveled here from Babul." I nodded even though I felt disappointed that my questions would have to wait until we had another moment to ourselves.
Back to top Go down
Butch
Admin
Butch

Sun and Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun and Moon   Sun and Moon EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:27 am

So.. him telling her to tell ppl that she's part of the clerical staff, that means she must look human at least. Also does that mural come back in the story as an important part? saving it from being burned seems like you were trying to point something out >.>
Back to top Go down
https://stfallout.forumotion.com
Amell

Amell

Sun and Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun and Moon   Sun and Moon EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 3:59 pm

It's something small compared to other things in the story but it hints at a reoccurring thing
Back to top Go down
Caridan
Second Moderator
Second Moderator
Caridan

Sun and Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun and Moon   Sun and Moon EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 4:43 pm

Butch wrote:
So.. him telling her to tell ppl that she's part of the clerical staff, that means she must look human at least.

Bravo *claps* you figured out her appearance lol kidding, I'm glad Ash drops such 'subtle' hints XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sun and Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun and Moon   Sun and Moon Empty

Back to top Go down

Sun and Moon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
.S.T. :: Non S4 :: Story Corner-
Jump to: